Friday, January 13, 2006

Wrapping Up

(Not sure if anyone's noticed, but I've been listening to mostly Mozart today. This is partially to protect myself from the effects of the latest Weekend Assignment, which asks  "What's the worst song to get stuck in your head?")

Well folks, that's about it for this week. Don't forget, Monday is a federal holiday, commemorating the birth of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (see more info in the Wikipedia entry).

Other things I will hope to address next week include:

* Additions to the Guest Editor program

* What the heck happened to the Star Jones Reynolds blog?

* A geek slumber party

Oh, and a few folks have written to me recently saying that their Journals' hit counters have spontaneously reset to zero. I have a question out to the Hometown folks as to why this might be happening again -- if you'll recall, back in October, I blogged about a change in the hit counters that was supposed to make the counters more robust, by reducing the chance of write-locking, which was the primary reason counters blew up.

In the meantime, if you want to manually change the number on your hit counter, please see my instructions on how to do this.

Thanks, and have a great weekend. -- Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Changing the numbers is too complicated for me.  I'll just mentally add 43,000 to the number that's on my journal.  Nobody else cares anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ilost the counter in one of them, and kept it in the other two.

I've noticed that no official AOL blog displays their hit counter- not you or Susan or Scalzi or Jamie. Is this AOL policy, or is it just not cool to show how many hits you have once you get 50K or so?

Anonymous said...

h