Friday, January 6, 2006

This Is Troubling to Me

So a little earlier, I got into a discussion with a co-worker who had just taken one of the many Online Geek Tests (this one is featured on Digg right now).

She'd gotten something like 37%, which is in the respectable Major Geek range.

Naturally, I was forced to take the test. Here is my score:

Major Geekage

That's 44.77% -- like, 2 questions away from Super Geek status.

I can't possibly be that bad, can I?

Anyway, I can take comfort in the fact that there's always blogger John out there, whose geek score, I'm sure, would probably beat out the rest of us... combined. (If only for his "published SF-author" status.)

Thanks -- Joe 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL oh yes!!!!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

You are an adorable geek....Oh I know you are going to delete my comment :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

OMG i ranked major geek at 35%

Anonymous said...

PHEW!  I am only 9.6%!  I was a bit worried.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm a Major Geek <sigh> Like I didn't already know that ;p
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

21.30178% - Geek.  I can live with that. - Karen

Anonymous said...

Ya John' sci fi and his prowess wiht creating things ralted to the computer would help him soar! hugs, nat

Anonymous said...

How geeky is that? I have my glasses on & I am too a geek! almost 100% to be a geek. Revenge of the "geeks", not nerds anyway.
Rein:)

Anonymous said...

32.74162%  (And I ought to get a few more points for not rounding that off!)  Interesting score for a 61 year old retired lady.  
~~Silk

Anonymous said...

I ain't takin' this test!  I don't wanna be no geek!  HA HA HA HA!  I appreciare your bravery, though!

http://journals.aol.com/gdlywom/DiaryOfAYoungBlackMother/

Anonymous said...

Please forgive my spelling....what do you expect from a girl this early in the morning, for heaven's sake?

Anonymous said...

Well, I took "the geek test", and my score is 10% "Geekish Tendencies".  That must mean that I am geeky enough to be a totally retro-cool goddess.  I can live with that!  

Anonymous said...

39. something something %  amazing for a 44 year old female farmer who isn't a gamer or a treker. Huh, once a geek, always a geek, I guess.  :-)

Anonymous said...

If I understand the reference (I think it refers to a line from the movie, 'PCU'), "that guy" is someone who goes to a concert wearing the band's t-shirt.

So, no, I've never been that guy. -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I recently took the test and I scored a 1.57791% - which said I was a poser. I guess I'm no geek..........