Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Turnabout May Be Fair Play...

...But it is annoying.

(Hrm, that's the second consecutive ellipsis headline I've used today. Notice that I'm still not conforming to the AOL Style Guidelines on the use of ellipses.)

Anyway, I guess I kind of deserve this one. In the past, it wasn't unusual for me to get mail from Journalers saying "I'm having trouble with my Journals Alerts." Sometimes it would be other folks' New Entry Alerts, and sometimes it would be the Comment Added alerts for their own blogs.

In many of these instances, I would take a look and do some informal tests, and I wouldn't see any problems. (Again, that's the problem with partial or sporadic problems -- like when your car is making a funny noise, and you take it to the mechanic and it doesn't make the noise.)

So, right now, it looks like my own comment alerts are down, so I apologize in advance if you've left a comment that needed a response from me (and didn't get one.)

As always, if anyone else is having problems with Alerts (either Entry or Comment), let me and Journals Product Manager Susan know (here is Susan's blog: In the Know.

Thanks -- Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
Yes some people have had them continually: Lisbnjvi, Hadonfield, I think Shermeen, Unicornsteph, and Queeniemart to name a few.
Best Wishes, natalie

Anonymous said...

My favorite literary faux pas is to have a two word sentence broken in half by a set of parenthesees with a huge sentence inside.

It (despite what the critics say, I think that it looks really cool in a big story) rules.

Question- now that I have 9.0 Security Edition, can I get rid of Norton?