Monday, January 30, 2006

Why You Should Listen to Mom (Also, a Better Shoelace Knot)

Morning, folks -- I was going through the headlines and found this news article:
CAMBRIDGE, England (AP) -- A museum visitor shattered three Qing dynasty Chinese vases when he tripped on his shoelace, stumbled down a stairway and brought the vases crashing to the floor, officials said Monday.
Next up: Don't play ball in the house.

This is particularly relevant to me right now, since I broke the shoelace on my right shoe last week.

I'm wearing a temporary replacement, though not only does it not match, but it doesn't hold as well, even using an Improved Shoelace Knot (which you should try -- it's real easy and usually holds a lot better).

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an expensive lesson for him to have learned..............
I get a kick out of going to the local shopping mall and seeing these teenage boys wearing their pants half down to their knees, oversized tshirts, sneakers that are two sizes to big, and not tied, and shoe laces flopping everywhere...........
And they thought that the "Beatle Look" was radical........  

Anonymous said...

I tripped at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and knocked Van Gogh's "Houses at Auvers" off kilter once. The security guard- maybe 10 feet away- didn't even notice... and I was with like 20 black teenagers.

Anonymous said...

And the museum folks say they're just glad the idiot left the museum intact.

Yeah right.  It's no fun to disembowel a shattered man.  

Maybe a U Break/U Buy sign is in order.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

this is a great piece and entertaining!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

I must be a total spaz. I still haven't mastered how to fold a tee-shirt yet!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I'll bet that poor guy was mortified..I wonder if he has to pay anything because of that unfortunate incident. Hope they can put the vases back together, it would be a real shame if they can't.

~ Susan
http://njmom72.blogspot.com