Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Look at Me, I'm Invisible!

Morning, folks -- here's a little photoshop fun to start the day (This is most definitely not a interesting little trifle designed to keep you occupied while I work on other, more substantive stuff):

Found on Digg: Here's a neat tutorial on how to make yourself "invisible" in photos, using PhotoShop or another graphics program (like PaintShop Pro or the GIMP -- I blogged previously about free graphics editing programs).

It involves using layers to trace out an outline of a photo, then using that tracing to select and delete the photo part, leaving only the tracing.

There are step-by-step instructions in the tutorial; the artist has a whole gallery [content advisory: some artistic, traced nudity] of photos done like this.

Here's my own fumble-fingered attempt, with the original  (taken from my earworm entry) below:

Invisible Joe

Screaming Joe

If you try this, I recommend you don't do it to a picture featuring a striped, patterned shirt.

Also, you might want to skip that extra cup of coffee.

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, that is pretty cool. But I have a problem with my journal counter. It reset itself and I never touched it. What's the deal? Is it another AOL gliche? Can you help me out please?

http://journals.aol.com/coldheartfemale/ThinBlueLine/
http://www.xanga.com/ColdHeartFemale

>;0)~

Myra

Anonymous said...

Joe
Where the heck have you been all this time ??
I started my journal in May, and didnt find out about you till a few months back.
YOU have brought intellegence, freshness, creativity to being an editor.
I am very thankful that you are the man..............
Thank you for your wonderful entries.

Anonymous said...

PICTURES! PLEASE! I decided to take part in Monday's Photo Shoot, and went to search for a photo-find one, made it black & white, posted it on my entry, I SAW the picture, right in front of my eyes, but everyone else couldn't see it! Also-I have to figure out HOW to get pictures ON the Hometown page; Anyone? ~Diane~
http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea

Anonymous said...

Thats so interesting and cool. :)