Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sharing My Pain

Okay, so I know our topic on earworms (songs that get stuck in your head, driving you crazy) was last week, but I am currently infected/afflicted, so of course I have to share.

The annoying song that's been stuck in my head today (ALL DAY) is

 "Since You've Been Gone", by Kelly Clarkson.


Now, you should know that:

* I am probably the only person left in America who doesn't watch or care about 'American Idol.'

* I'm not part of any organized backlash or anti-Idol group or resistance movement; I just don't care for the show.

* I had to double check that Kelly Clarkson did indeed sing "Since You've Been Gone" while I was doing this post.

Of course, I know that there's a lot of attention in the wide world and big ole sphere o' blogs about Idol, so I have to be a professional and keep up on things, like for example, Jennifer's Idol blogs, just IDOLing along... (archived) and The Woes and the Prose of an American Idol Junkie (current).

But I don't have to enjoy it.

Thanks -- Joe

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, no, joe, i have never seen any of the idol shows.  of course that is due in large part to the fact that i get two channels on a "good" day, fuzzy and fuzzier.  and ya know, it's no big loss.  i prefer to read anyway.  grins, debra

Anonymous said...

I can top that.  I've never even heard the song.  Only ever saw the last two minutes of the show when John turned it on to get readdy to record House.

Karen

Anonymous said...

When did they hire Al Roker?

Anonymous said...

ear worms huh LOL New term I like it

Anonymous said...

Lol! :):) cute entry Joe! Some poeple watch it just to see the judges fight.
It can be an excruciating experience for all concerned. My teen likes it becasue it's weird. Tonight, the English guy was completely off.
natalie

Anonymous said...

Aw Joe, thanks!  That was so nice.  :o)

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

I don't care about or watch American Idol.  The last winner convinced me the whole thing is rigged.  

Anonymous said...

You have more company for not watching "Idol" than you realize , Our entire household prefer sane T.V.entertainment-

Anonymous said...

Watched it once, didn't like it; never watched again.

You are not alone, Kemosabe.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i love american idol.
elisa

Anonymous said...

Well, you're NOT the only one. I just don't get it, and don't care much to, LOL. And that damned song...

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I got the cure for getting rid of and earworm. (Sometimes , I have heard , it actually works.  Make a fist , and hit yourself under one of your ears (on the side of your throat) 3 times. Now , I'm not saying knock yourself out , but a few light taps should do it I guess.

Note: Not responsible for bodily injury to anyone. LOL

Anonymous said...

I think I would prefer to live with the song in my head.

Thanks -- Joe