Sunday, January 8, 2006

Taking It Off, Keeping It Off

Hi folks -- okay, partly to follow up on my entry about America Takes It Off, partly to atone for my cheesesteak entry and mostly to procrastinate going to the gym and doing a Sunday night makeup workout, here is a sampling of a few blogs focused on weight-loss and fitness.

If you've got your own weight-loss blog or fitness blog you'd like to share, please feel free to add it to the comments below:

First, special recognition to previous Guest Editor Dave, who just won his department's 'Biggest Loser' competition, dropping 32 pounds using his patented Detective Dave's Homicide Workout. (It's kind of a niche workout.)

Next, in no particular order:
* Ro's Weight Loss Journey: Rochelle talks about Weight Watchers and her new recumbent exercise bike.
* Keeping The Weight OFF: Dee uses BodyRev (and the flu)
* CrazyBabyGirls Weightloss Journal: Arriel made her Christmas goal.
* Creation of the New Me: Two new motivations: a cruise and a pool (of the gambling type).
* Last Time at Bat: Estela reports over from Germany.
* A Brief History of Pants: Katie is heading back to "fit" after a brief stopover at "fat."
* The Daily Purge: Kris hit the big 50 last month (that's pounds lost) and is still going strong.
* TNT:The Naked Truth - A Dieter's Nightmare: Lisa is all about making the mind-body connection.
* Adventures of a Desperately Fat Housewife: Tilly keeps track from across the pond.
* Weight Loss Journal: Steph does her 50, then goes 13 better.
* Mark's Weight Loss Journey: Mark represents for the males by dropping 172 pounds.
* My Big Fat Geek Life: Hank applies a little added ... attitude.
* My Life Change and Weight Loss Journey a.k.a my DIET!!! Stacy is working on her "do-over."
* Autumn's Journey: Autumn tallies her points in her blog.
* Three French Fries Later ... Lindsay takes a fresh start with Weight Watchers and the gym.
* Taking It Off: Emily advocates listening to your body talk.

More Blogs (1/9):
* Tightening the Corset: Heather made her 2005 resolution to lose 50 pounds, and doesn't want to feel left out.

Incidentally, I find that one of the best ways to find weight loss blogs is to surf around the blogs that fitness and weight-loss minded folks have linked to in their sidebars and entries.

Oh well, enough stalling: off to the gym. Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks -- Joe

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again Joe...still wondering about why I can't fit that little tag into my "About Me" section... ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

HEY Thank you so much NO I don't mind at all!!! I appreciate that you pimp'd me lol. I will be back on track tomorrow. Jan19th I think is the day bodyrev will be on HSN. Thank again and Happy New Year!!! Deanna aka BodyRev Queen lol

Anonymous said...

aww thanks so much, only wish I was doing better, :(
but with new readers that will surely inspire me to do even better!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joe I think I love you!  Tomorrow is SUCH a huge day for me in my "do over" because I indulged in a pity party while sick this past week and I swore to everyone who would listen that tomorrow I am as serious as a heart attack - and now that you have given me my 15 minutes of fame <G> I am even more stoked then before!  Thanks so much!

BTW when I first discovered AOL journals and was looking for people going through what I was - I could only find Rubin Stubbards one entry of his weight loss journey before he quit - no matter when you type in weight loss in a search, his would come up first and multiple times and the last time I checked it was still that way - so I think your entry will help more people that you can imagine.  Thank you for that!!
Thanks Joe!!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Come check mine out! My 2005 New Years Resolution was to lose 50 pounds and I did it! I post often - usually twice a day - and I'm very determined and very frank about my weight loss struggles. http://journals.aol.com/hsauls/Tighteningthecorset/
heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listing some other weight struggling journals....makes my life soooo much easier, and I like easy! Some of the ones you listed are some of my regulars, but glad to see you mentioned some that I have not visited yet. I, myself have lost 70lbs since July of 2005 and reading other dieters(oops, I mean healthier,life changing plans to live by..hehehe)journals has truly been one of the top reasons I have been able to get a hold of this fat problem and kick its boo tay!
Thanks
Erica
Http://journals.aol.com/EricaNBiloxi/SouthernComfort/

Anonymous said...

In all fairness, you have failed to explore the joys of weight GAIN.

I'm already kind of fat.... and I plan on gettin' fatter.

Anonymous said...

I think its awesome that you posted my link, thank you.  I love meeting new comiserators!!

=) kris
(the daily purge)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe......
Just wanted to mention I'm a regular reader of a couple blogs you listed but I think Heather - Tightening The Corset would be a great editor's pick.  She's very frank and honest about her weight loss and posts 2x a day, sometimes 3.  She has met her goal for 2005.  She really deserves it.  JMHO!  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/BamaSweetiePiesWeightLossJournal
Mine is private but if anyone wants access, they can email me.  I only went private so certain family members wouldn't have access.  It would be so much easier if yall had a list to block members like Xanga does instead of having me to go private.  

Anonymous said...

Hey !  Thanks for the shout out !  I almost feel like a guest editor, well, not really but one can dream !

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife