Friday, October 14, 2005

Your Face Here

Hi folks...if you've visited the Message Boards main page recently, you might have noticed something different at the top of the page:

Message Boards Gallery of Members


This is our long-awaited Gallery module. We'll be rolling out a couple of them, each one tailored to the screen it lives on.

(Since you're pretty smart people, I think you can see where this is going.)

We're in the process of building out a Gallery for the Journals main page, so if you'd like to see your face in the gallery, and maybe send a few new visitors to your blog, head over to this here

Submission Form

You'll
be asked to provide some info and a photo; you'll also be asked to
select one of your blogs from a drop-down menu (it's not a free-form
entry field, you'll need to pick one of your existing Journals, or
leave, create one and come back).

You'll also have the option of entering one of your favorite blogs or other Web page you read.

This
little bit of programming is separate from everything else that we're
doing with featuring people's blogs, so don't worry if you've been
featured somewhere before.

Also, I'm not going to be picking the
photos, so if you think that I have some sort of secret grudge against
you that keeps you off the main page, well, here's your chance to do an
end-run around me.

Have fun and good luck. -- Joe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Joe
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Great idea, but I see it is for Americans only.

Anonymous said...

I like it!
I'll wait for the cat photo version before I submit.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be really neat if you added new features to AOL journals like background layouts to make them more individual. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Can they just put up a Smurf for me? It's truly better for all parties if people don't have to look at my 5 foot chubbyosity, especially if they're dropping $22.95 a month.

Anonymous said...

Question: I created a journal and I have a question regarding the key link to this entry can you help? I hit it and am not sure what it is for.

Anonymous said...

I like juicy fruit. I prefer Trident though.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Magic Smoke, my first comment here probably didnt make sense huh? I've got so many windows open, I thought I was leaving you a comment for a different post of yours. Care to play a game and guess which Entry of yours my first comment belongs to?

sorry.

'Soup