Friday, October 21, 2005

A Little Color to Close Out the Week

Hi folks...since it was so grey out today (or so they tell me), I just wanted to post a few bits of color before I head out.


The first bit of color was from a...well, it's not a pastry. I guess it could be a confection. Anyway, it's a variation of a Rice Krispie treat, except without any Rice Krispies in it:







As far as I could tell, it had Cap'n Crunch, Boo Berries, Choco Puffs,
and Fruit Loops.  The taste was rather...interesting. But I saw it
under the glass and had to try one.



(Apologies for the poor lighting; I think I need to rig a diffuser.)



The other bit of color is a knickknack on my desk. There was a study released this week
that said if you have candy around but can't see it, you're going to
eat less of it (something to consider especially this time of year):







This is a regular bottle that I filled with Nerds and then topped with
Everlasting Gobstoppers, two fine Willy Wonka candy products that I
call "sugar-coated sugar."



Even though it sits prominently in my field of view, at this point,
it's just decorative. That's because it's full. The second I start
dipping into it, all bets are off.



Anyway, that should be it for this week. We'll be covering some more substantive matters next week. Have a good weekend. -- Joe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

candy! sweet treats!..yummy!
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That first treat...hmm. You gotta keep em separated! I think it would taste better if it were ONE kind of cereal. That is too much of a hodge podge. LOL

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

They both are very pretty and colorful to say the least. You have a good weekend Joe. Helen

Anonymous said...

Sooooo what did the "rice crispie treat" really taste like?

Anonymous said...

Regarding the taste: Let's just say that is was a one-time thing.  -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I like the lighting the first one. A diffuser would lose that cool monolith candy shadow. Adds depth. The second is a classic!

Anonymous said...

Nerds and everlasting gobstoppers??? Where's the Runts??? Marry me.. I'll figure out how to tell the soon to be ex later!!! I'm so SICKLY into the Wonka ya' know!!! Penny

Anonymous said...

h