Wednesday, October 26, 2005

RESOLVED: Flakiness at Keyword: FTP

Hi folks...I'm getting reports (which I've been able to confirm) that folks
are seeing an error when they try to upload files at Keyword: FTP. [Update: 3:26pm: The FTP folks say that uploading via Keyword: FTP is fixed now. Thanks -- Joe]

I've alerted the appropriate people; in the meantime, this would be the perfect time to try out the new Web-based File Manager: http://hometown.aol.com/_fm, which is a lot easier to use and can be used with any Web browser.

You can check out the tutorial I did: How
To: Use the Web File Manager (to Add Big Pictures to Your
Blog)


Just about
the only reason to use the older FTP is that the Web-based file manager can
only upload files smaller than 500K, so if you have to upload files
bigger than that (like reaaaaaally big pictures, or media files like
mp3s or movies), you'll need to keep using the Keyword: FTP.

Please note that FTP problems are not a cynical ploy to try to get you to use File Manager. Thanks -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

<<not a cynical ploy>>  LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm a loyal reader of Magic Smoke since the definition of magic smoke. Keep up the good work Joe!

Anonymous said...

Hi, don't know where to put this in your journal.......so I'm dropping it here if that's ok.  A little rant.

I don't like the new alerts, I find them hard to read, I worry they will deter peoples eyesight and those with partial sight must find it annoying.  Could we not have 'eye friendly' alerts back again.  The new ones are very swish.......but I think aimed at the younger more 20/20 vision, spare a thought for those that are not, and those that are on AOL a long time with tired eyes.

Please.......very much please can we have our old ones back.

Thank you, rant over :) Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Hi. Is there anyway to get the alerts back to where they were? I have impaired vision and it is really hard to see them.

Anonymous said...

I still love FTP!  :)  It never lets me down.