Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Back to Business

Hi folks...I'm back from the citizen journalism conference. Interesting
stuff, I will try to talk about some of the more relevant parts
tomorrow (or so).



In other news, it looks like we're having a bit of a problem with Journals Search
-- this morning, it wasn't returning results properly (it was missing a
lot of stuff, especially if you were searching by screen name).  I
just tried it again now; it looks like there's a fix in but it hasn't
propagated all the way through (or something) -- if you get results
that are a lot fewer than expected, try hitting refresh and see if that
helps.



Thanks. -- Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to do these searches to track down candidates for the Vivis in categories I was relatively unfamiliar with.  It was a dismal failure.  One evening as I was doing this, attempt would instantly generate an error message instead of a page of results.  Reload would gave a page of *poor* results - mostly irrelevant items or journals last updated in 2004!  Phooey.  I ended up not nominating anyone in some categories, instead trusting that people who do know the categories will nominate someone good.  Then I won'y need to seach - they'll be on the ballot!

Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin

Anonymous said...

I just tried again with my screenname and it gave me a few journals that have me listed in their "Other Journals" section but it didn't give me any of my own entries.  Guess it's still not right.
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HI Joe
natalie