Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Blogging on Citizen Journalism, Live and Direct

Right now, I'm in a conference room at the Associated Press in NYC,

surrounded by bloggers, journalists, academics and people of all types

who share a common interest in blogs and citizen journalism.




I guess this is a somewhat gratuitous post (after all, I have to
justify lugging my laptop here), since I'm trying to pay attention,
which sort of precludes trying to put together a coherent blog entry; I
will try to do a
proper
after-action report later.





At the moment, I'm listening to a panel of traditional media
types


(NPR, CBS, AP,  BBC) talking about how they're trying to
manage

relationships with readers and news consumers in a more open media

environment.





Current buzzwords
include: Convergence; Architecture of
Particpation; Enabling a Better-Informed Society; Contribution
Culture.





If you're interested in some of the background driving this discussion,
you can check out a think paper here (it's 66 pages long and a
bit wonky, but it's an interesting read if you're into that sort of
thing). -- Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I need now is "Citizen Journalism" (and the free space in the center) and I win buzzword bingo!

What's my prize?

Bob