Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This Is Only a Drill

I should have known something was up when I saw one of the facilities guys walk by wearing a coat and earplugs.

Ten
seconds later
there was an ear-splitting buzzer and strobes going off
-- our annual fire drill, of which we'd gotten notice earlier in the
week.

I put in my own earplugs (fool me once, and all that), and went outside. I brought my jacket and my camera:

Fire Drill


One of AOL's parking lots during the fire drill.



I think I have a smudge on the lens (again).

Oh, and I saw that Jason Calacanis, CEO of Weblogs, Inc. wrote in his blog this morning that he was visiting the AOL campus today.

I just hope he wasn't in the middle of a presentation or something when the alarm went off. -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol at least it seems like a nice day!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Haha, it kind of reminds me of all of the Innertech employees standing around in the parking lot at the end of the movie Office Space, when the building is burning down.

Has anyone seen my red Bostich stapler?

Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

Anonymous said...

NO FIRE DRILLS ALLOWED!!! lol well, at least not until the alerts are working again! lol Ü

Anonymous said...

Oh to have a fire drill! If the alarm goes off at my school, bring all your crap b/c odds are it's a bomb threat. Oh the joys of my high school! (We've had four in the past five month. Two and a half of those months we had no school. Three of those threats were since school has started this year!)
Vickey
http://journals.aol.com/hopelessBlondie/amomentthatismine

Anonymous said...

One of those people is named "smudge?" You should gone paparazzi with Calacanis. Nice photo.