Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Private Journals Rostering Problems

Hi folks...I just got word that the devs found a problem with the "rostering database"
(the database that controls who can and can't read your private
journal); they shut down the rostering database briefly in order to "failover" to a healthy database, which effectively made private Journals inaccessible to non-owners for a little bit.



Private Journals should be back up, though I note that my own
private journal seems to be missing some readers, and I've gotten some
reports of similar things happening to other Private Journals owners.



I have made the ops folks aware of this and will keep you informed here.



Update, 9pm ET: The tech folks will be restoring the rostering
database that was having problems earlier. This won't happen, most
likely, until tomorrow. I will keep you updated; sorry for the
inconvenience.



Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know.  Hopefully we won't lose the readers we already had.  I can't imagine trying to put all those addresses back in again!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well that explains why I can't get into any journals tonight, I hope they have this resolved soon.

Anonymous said...

So, do we need to re-add our readers we lost or should we try to be patient????
Thanks,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

thanks Joe
natalie