Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Found: "Missing" Private Journal Readers & More

Hi folks; to follow up on  the Private Journals problem from last night (where some of the readers of your Private Journal may have disappeared); the tech folks restored the primary rostering database, so your missing readers should be back on the list.



If this is not the case, or you're still having problems viewing or commenting on Private Journals, please let me know.



FYI, the tech folks will probably have to do more work on the rostering stuff, so you may see other weirdness.



Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.



In other news, I have passed your comments about the smaller font size in Alerts to the Alerts team. And speaking of Alerts, I have given the Alerts folks some specific examples of comment alerts non-deliveries
that I've recently experienced (complete with full headers and
timestamps and all that good stuff), so hopefully, that will give them
more info to work with on chasing down our comment alerts gremlins.



Thanks -- Joe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi...it would appear that the Journal was recently turned private -- you should contact the Journal owner to confirm. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just found out that she did go private.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I've just been told thefaircolleen is not a known member, she is and has a private journal, which she's experiencing problems with - her readers have disappeared. I tried to email her and all I keep getting is the "not a known member" message. Please help get to get her readers back and find out why aol insist she is not a known member. She is and has been for a very long time.
As for the new alerts - aol should supply us all with magnifying lenses.
Sylvia
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Joe, if we are allowed to make a comment about what we don't like about the comment alerts that hasn't been said yet (besides them being sporadic, and too small to read), then I would like to mention that I don't like the way the comments don't fit in the email when you open them up.  The text is longer than the email, and you have to constantly scroll the bottom of the email back and forth.  This is difficult to do.  Could you please ask AOL to change this?  Thank you for all your time and patience with everything you do.

Kristina Fisher Knox
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I don't like the new AOL Alerts.I think they look way too small and definately out of character.I think they have dropped a clanger there.Bring back the old style.

Anonymous said...

I have been told to come here if I don't like the new alerts and to be honest I don't the font is far too small!!

Anonymous said...

Where do I get the free magnifying glass to read my alerts with?

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet and good. Yep. You're a keeper.