Friday, December 9, 2005

Snow Day

Hi folks -- we seem to have survived, yet again. Around here, we only
got about 2 inches of wet, slushy snow (you know, the kind that's
really fun to shovel):

AOL Snow 2

Yes, I know you can still see grass, but at least there are tiny little piles where they had to shovel the walks.



Around here, 2 inches is more than enough to get the schools
closed, which means you can usually see a lot of kids around the
cubicles, though it's pretty quiet here today.

The northeast is supposed to get hit a lot harder today, so be careful out there.

Oh, and remember kids -- you have to make at least a token attempt
to clean the snow and ice off your car before you jump on the highway.
It's not my fault you're five foot nothing in your Ugg boots, yet
bought a 10-foot high Canyonero SUV with a roof rack.

Thanks -- Joe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got about 6 inches here, but the sun is out now.  I took a shot out of my apartment window after I called out from work.  A bit more than you got!  
http://notweirdeccentric.blogspot.com/2005/12/self-proclaimed-snow-day-off.html

Anonymous said...

Y'all close schools for two inches?!?  We had seven inches and just had a one-hour delay.

Geesh.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

We had rain here on the Jersey coast. Washed away the snow from Monday. Now it's sunny and nice. I am loving it!

Anonymous said...

send hte snow we keep getting ice storms

Anonymous said...

This was wussy snow. Snow for wusses.

Anonymous said...

7 inches here in 45039... I have a ranted about that in my journal today. A typical 35 minute / 22 mile drive home from work took me 4 HOURS and 42 MINUTES ... not kidding. Oh, it was enjoyable.

Now, go play in it, I am. :)

Amanda over at:
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

We got 7 fluffy inches of the white stuff up here in Northeast PA, and my kids are loving it!

Annie =)
journals.aol.com/krspkrmmom/nooneshome

Anonymous said...

Gee? Another snow is on the way? I am not into snow at this time. Nice picture on the screen & that is a great camera shot over there.

Rein

Anonymous said...

Dear Joseph,
Have fun in teh snow!
love,nat