Friday, December 9, 2005

Live and Direct

Hey folks,

Here's an unintended consequence of the snow -- today is our Time Warner Global Broadcast, which is pretty much a big team rah-rah meeting with video simulcasts in offices all over the world.

Because
of the snow, a lot of folks didn't come into the office today, so they
needed some warm (or even slightly cool) bodies to fill the seats for
the Dulles studio audience.

So, I went. I brought my laptop and my camera.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was pretty heavily stage-managed -- they even handed out noisemakers.

Okay, so they may not be the most interesting photos. But let's see you try to get Anderson Cooper to moderate your team meeting.

Anderson Cooper

Thanks -- Joe

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT

Anonymous said...

Joe look at #6 picture a man and woman is looking over at you taking the pictures LOL. You are just as bad as I am taking pictures :).
Betty

Anonymous said...

Anderson ... sigh.

You look like you had a blast, hope you didn't break your "noise maker" ... how disapointing would that be!? lol

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Sorry, no noisemaker for me; I was balancing my laptop in my, er, lap.

And "blast" is not a word I would use to describe the meeting.

It was interesting, though. -- Joe

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Joe, to comment on the other person who mentioned about the two people who are looking at you in picture #6 ...

First of all great snap shot, but when I looked at this pic and these two people staring in your camera lens, I was reminded of the movie 'Men In Black' ...

Joe, you have photographed their presence here on earth, they are upset now.

"Here come the men in black, g a l a x y defendeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers"

RoTfLmFa0!!!

Anonymous said...

Rah Rah gathering.  Hmmm.  Somehow I just got a vision of an Amway convention.  :::shudders:::

Remind me to be grateful for where I work.

Although I wouldn't mind having Anderson Cooper.

~~ jennifer  :D

Anonymous said...

Oh...there are a few other things I can think of for Mr. Cooper to do.

Anonymous said...

Is Anderson Cooper blonde or old? Or both?

Anonymous said...

Some kind of presentation, huh?

Rein

Anonymous said...

And I thought my employer's monthly all-employee meetings were lame.

I'll never again complain about sitting through yet another lame PowerPoint presentation.  At least we're not handed noisemakers and told to make it look like we're lavishing love on the suits.

That's ridiculolus and pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe<
((((((Anderson))))! You have a great pic of Anderson ! He is so great!
natalie