Friday, December 30, 2005

Person of the Year

Hi folks -- okay, here's my last post for today (and most likely, 2005)... a little while back Time magazine was accepting "nominations" for their 2005 Person of the Year.

The way it worked was (it's closed now), someone could nominate a person's photo, which would then be shown on one of the big screens in Times Square for a minute or something.

They had a Webcam pointing at the sign, which would take pictures of the screen, which you could then see by going to their Person of the Year site [Flash]:

Times Square Billboard

My sister submitted photos for me and the other members of my family -- part of our Christmas gift was printouts of the photos.

Now, if you're wondering what's going on that photo, well, you'll have to see the original -- it was taken a couple of years ago in a park, during a trip to China:

China, 2003

Have a great New Year's, and I'll see you in 2006.

Best. -- Joe

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny.  This is great.    Well, I am sure you are in a beautiful botanical garden there in China?  Have been to the botanical in St. Louis, probably no comparison although the pic reminds me of the childrens gardens they had in St. Louis.  
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Your sister has a great sense of humor....must run in the family.  Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

LOL Joe you have my vote!!!! Happy New Years!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!! THAT'S JUST WOW LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cool of your sister!  Wow!
                                        Cyndy
http://journals.aol.com/ccancu/CEEGEEATLARGE

Anonymous said...

That's great Joe. Happy New Year. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love it!  You were a celebrity for a moment in Time . . .Great idea and a wonderful gift from your sis!  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great Joe! I wonder where these gardens were.
Did youenjoy your trip?
Happy New Year! and Congratualtions with this
nat

Anonymous said...

Well, I can say if you didn't make the national edition, you sure Qualify around here. Trust me, I know the kind of year you've had, and if you come out of it smiling, you've done something remarkable!

Good job, Joe. Hang in there, and a Happy New Year!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea! I hope you have a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year. Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate all you do for us here in AOL Jland,

Best wishes to a great new year.

--Meg
http://journals.aol.com/megzie212/MegsAOLJournal/

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you! You look like someone who is a lot of fun to be around.  Happy New Year.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dear Guy, Are you from China, you looks like an Chinese, yes ? I am from Beijing.

Anonymous said...

h