Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Accolades for Blogger John

Checking around the big ole Sphere o' Blogs, I see that Glenn Reynolds (of the influential blog Instapundit) has named blogger John's instant sci-fi classic, Old Man's War, his personal pick for book of the year. Kudos to John!

I know that John is far too modest to mention something like this (well, now that I think about it, he's not), and I'm sure he would never do something so crass as to suggest that it's the perfect stocking-stuffer for the sci-fi reader on your gift list... so I'll do it for him.

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to amazon.com and read the reviews of both his novels and decided to get my own copies. I am a sci-fi reader... how could I not add his book to my shelves?

Anonymous said...

Cool! Not a sci fi buff so?

Anonymous said...

Not bad at all. Do not screw it.

Rein (pronunced Rain)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
Hiya! Old Man's War was great! You didn't mention Agent ot the Stars, which I've also read. It is very unique and hilarious! And what about his new book- the double book?Would you kindly mention that too Joe! Thanks!
natalie

Anonymous said...

Eff that book.

I like Scalzone and everything, but if you REALLY want a good read.... check this out:

http://journals.aol.com/monponsett/HighAboveCourtside/entries/1553

Book By Diecast Dude, Foreword by Monponsett