Friday, February 23, 2007

The Wisdom of Anna Nicole and Britney

Finally, I've refrained from writing about the two big celebrity train wrecks/media circuses this week (the ongoing Anna Nicole and Britney Spears sagas -- remember, there are chlorine gas attacks going on in Iraq, but the important things to pay attention to are celebrity ODs and haircuts), though I found two take-aways we can salvage from all this:

1. My cow-orker JC sent me this, which we also passed along to some the other bloggers here, and now I'm sharing it with you: 6 Lessons Britney Spears Can Teach You About Blogging.

Blogger Kumiko takes some life lessons from Britney and applies them to ways that folks can keep up a compelling blog. Includes pictures!

2. Next, over at Al's Morning Meeting, Al Tompkins looks for a legit story hiding in the Anna Nicole story (scroll towards the bottom), and finds a lesson about "...the importance of things like an estate plan, a will, burial plans and awarding power of attorney to somebody you trust."

Hey, I'll take any pearls of wisdom I can find these days.

Don't forget, you can find more stuff from my del.icio.us slush pile of blogged and unblogged links.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Thanks -- Joe


Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly am sick of all of this. I guess it has been a slow news week? Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Went to do a journal entry today, first time in a while because of various problems.  Anyway, when I opened up my journal I found the Add New Entry button had disappeared.  There is no way now to add an entry.  I can only edit or delete the old one.  Can you tell me if this is a general problem?  If so, when is it going to be fixed.  Thank you

Anonymous said...

Re my previous comment.  I have asked a couple of other Brit journallers and they still have their Add New Entry buttons.  It only seems to be mine that has disappeared. How on earth do I get it back Joe?  It is so frustrating that at last I felt well enough to do a journal entry and am unable to do one through no fault of my own.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

My Add New Entry button remain lost in cyberspace as do other peoples, one has lost her Add Pictures button.  I have written to both yourself and Stephanie at BamBam but have had no replies.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Jeannette -- I'm still catching up from the weekend; I'll have an entry about this up in a few minutes asking for report. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, here is a link below of a friend of mine, Randy, where he interviewed Anna Nicole Smith. Yah know, I think the infactuation with Anna, is she came across like someone who had an old soul. Never really happy, hoping to me. Never really feeling secure and loved, hoping she would be, etc.,   Anyway, Randy had uploaded this recently onto Youtube. Its just another side of her. ~Raven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVILZlvc-pE