Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Weather Update & Tuesday BlogPlugs (With a Question for You)

Hi all -- well, the Feds threw in the towel earlier this afternoon; also, most of the local schools closed early. People just wanted to leave before the Beltway turned into a big skating rink, though that just means the rush hour started earlier.

Unless something really notable happens -- or really, anything happens, period -- that's the last I'm going to be saying about the weather. So instead, I'll switch over to some Tuesday blogplugs: Blog entries that you've sent to me, or labeled with the tag , because you want other people to see an entry (yours, or someone else's):

* Over in the UK, MrVinceCharming shows us his blog (recently featured by AOL UK), THE ADVENTURES OF THE WEST HOVE TERRORS! - The Celebrity Dogs of Hove!

* DPoem of The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind blogplugs the latest edition of Dornbrau's Blog Crawl, which features a theme of "Love Story": Take a story, photo, poem, or whatever else you come up with that fits in with the theme, put it in a blog entry and leave a comment with a link in her entry (submissions are due tonight)

* Ron wants you to know he picked up a blog of the day award.

* Ceilisundancer talks a little bit about what she does and doesn't write about.

If you want to get your stuff out there, consider adding the blogplugs tag to your entries; that way, even if I don't get around to writing an entry like this for your blogplugged entry, other people will still be able to find it, just by clicking on the tag link or doing a search on the tag:

Now, I notice that there aren't very many people doing the blogplugs thing.  I'm curious as to why; is it because:
  • You don't know how to tag your entries
  • You don't see the benefit in tagging your entries (either with the blogplugs tag, or tags in general)
  • You're simply not interested in getting your entries in front of other people
  • Something else
I would appreciate any feedback you could give me, as well as any other things you'd like to see me write about (or stop writing about).

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because...I don't think my entries will interest enough people; I am writing for myself and only a small community of regular visitors only.
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

Valerie -- thanks, that's a perfectly valid sentiment (though, for example, I enjoy reading well-written entries, even if I don't care for the subject matter). I just want to make sure there aren't any barriers to people who want to participate. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I forget to leave the blogplugs.  Plain and simple.  Sometimes I do it and then other times I just don't.  Depends on if I want that particular entry out there.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm actually thinking about doing a blogplug sort of thing either tomorrow or early Friday (the one-year anniversary of my journal).  I'll drop you an email once I post it.  I think you'll like it, and it should be fun.    

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe....

I am still doing it. No problem here of me doing it.

For a while it looked like I was the only doing it. LoL

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think my entries just aren't interesting enough.  I don't know if that is really true, but it is just what I think.  Perhaps I will start blogplugging.  I think it is a fantastic idea for people to do.  I love to see people's work out there to be read, and I like what you choose.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink