Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I'm Not Trying to Gloat, But There's a Palm Tree Outside My Window

Okay, maybe I'm gloating just a tiny bit:

Palm Trees in Miami

As mentioned, I'm in Miami for the We Media Conference, which is all about social media and citizen media (blogs, wikis, social video sharing/bookmark sharing/link sharing sites/profiles/etc.), and how they're changing the media landscape.

Since one of the hallmarks of social media is openness, lots of these types of events have liveblogging (which I've mentioned that I suck at -- I'm more of a listen-and-analyze guy) and even Webcasting, so even if you can't attend physically, you can still follow along, and even participate to an extent.

So why did I need to fly down to Miami? Um, there's a lot to be said for non-verbal communication?

Anyway, if you're interested, check out the conference program to see if there are any topics that you'd like to follow. Then, check out the live Webcasts, which start at 9:30AM ET on Thursday, and 9:00AM ET on Friday.

There's also a Web-based chat, if you'd like to participate that way.

Of course, the work doesn't go away (yes, cry your crocodile tears for me), but I may not be as quick to respond to your e-mails and comments for a little bit -- apologies in advance.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: , , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are gloating and are happy to be doing so.  LOL!  But guess what?!  There are palm trees on my street and roses blooming in my yard and within one hour I can be at the beach, the desert or the mountains--it is called San Diego, California, and I love, love love it.  (and that is a big gloat of my own).  Enjoy Florida!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad to say I live in Florida and it was 69 degrees!  I'm joining you in the gloating tank.  

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weather.Hey  do you have any idea why there is no add entry or edit jouranl on my journal??
It's like I am a visitor-I can't add anything....help!!
Maxsox5@aol.com
http://journals.aol.com/maxsox5/Windswept/lifeatrainbowsend

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Joe, for not live-blogging. It's boring to read and it means the author is neither listening nor writing well -- half-assing two things simultaneously rather than doing two things well, concurrently.

-Jeff
http://www.andiamnotlyingforreal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Miami! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm in Miami Lakes and as soon as I saw the palm tree, I kind of assumed you were here (didn't read previous entries advising of your visit. Have a good time !

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

Maxsox05 -- looks like you're able to post, so I hope your problem has been resolved. Sometimes, clearing cache and footprints can help in situations like this -- check my sidebar entry on how to do that:
http://journals.aol.com/aimpagesteam/thepeoplebehindthepages/entries/2006/10/06/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache-and-topspeed-cache/1167

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)