Friday, February 16, 2007

Parking Ramp Ice Rinks, American Idol and Michelle Malkin's Lack of Friends

Hi folks -- here's a photo from the HQ parking deck, which explains why I didn't park on the roof this morning:


Treacherous.

As you can see, the ramp to the top level is iced over. Trying to go up or down would quickly acquaint you with the retaining wall and your insurance agent.

Things are pretty well hard-frozen around here. Some other local-ish items:
  • Via dcrtv.com: The Washington Post reports that Antonella Barba, a junior at Catholic University in DC, is one of the 24 'American Idol' finalists. (Hrm...  how about '24: American Idol' -- Jack Bauer replaces Simon Cowell, and if he doesn't like your performance, he shoots you in the thigh. You've got to trust me! We're running out of time!)

  • Boy, Doesn't She Make Blogging Sound Fun: See, this is why I don't talk about politics, and why not being an A-List blogger doesn't trouble me (much). The Post also ran a profile of conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, which ends thusly:
    "You have to accept that you'll never have many friends," Malkin says. "It's a lonely existence."
    Yikes.

    Malkin, whose blog is MichelleMalkin.com, has a certain propensity for harsh invective and namecalling, so there's a phrase that comes to mind (something involving living, dying and swords), but like I said, I don't get into politics.
Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I'd hit that!

I'm talking about the ice.  Not Michelle Malkin.  She kind of reminds me of a stepped on cat.  

I have a Jeep, and I tend to see things like that as a challenge.  And, though I could probably summit the parking ramp, odds are, coming down would be a pretty wild ride, eh?

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Looks very dangerous. Helen

Anonymous said...

If it's still frozen next week, I could steal the cones and see what happens. -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I prefer yopur type of blogging to hers so I guess I willnever be an A lister either. LOL
You are on my A-List!

Anonymous said...

The entire village of Buzzards Bay looks like the roof of your parking garage.