Monday, February 12, 2007

This Time, a Photo of Stephanie That Doesn't Suck

Oy, what an awful picture that last one was. If you look at it, especially the background, you can see that it's really "noisy" (grainy). That's because I didn't use a flash (using the flash introduces problems of its own), and my new camera is supposed to have better low light/no flash performance (I'm still adjusting to it).

Also, Stephanie looks... orange.

Blogger Sepintx sent me a link to a helpful tutorial that the AOL Photo Editors did in their blog on Photo Tips: Color Correction. It assumes you have Photoshop. I do, but I'm pretty basic, and I overrely on certain tools to fix problems.

I didn't apply everything they suggest (so the photo is still a little dark), and the image on the laptop screen looks terrible (since it's a picture of a bad picture on a laptop screen), but it's a better photo than the one before, and I think the composition is kind of amusing:

Product Manager Stephanie

Thanks -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much improved, Joe.   Even her outfit and face.   Coworkers of Joe, beware!  lol

Anonymous said...

Wish I had photoshop

Anonymous said...

Joe, we have a problem on the AOL golf message boards. Replies are not showing up when entered and some post do not appear until hours after they were entered. When thes post show up they have a latter time than the time actually entered.
This has been going on for a week and seems to be glich.
Can you help or can you give a name to contact?
Here is link to the board where members have been posting their problems.
aol://5863:126/mB:362960:111729

Thanks Bill

Anonymous said...

Your the best Joe... it looks great!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Stephanie loves you experimenting on photos of her that are then up for public consumption!