Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Drama for Valentine's Day?

Hi folks -- Happy Valentine's Day. I will have a marginally Valentine's Day-related entry (with a special AOL twist) up later today.

It's been something of a dramatic morning for me -- let's just say it involved a shovel, a lost badge, and a balky heat pump, and leave it at that.

In other news, I'm getting reports of people having problems with Journals, including getting scary-looking "Forbidden" errors trying to view Journals.

First, don't worry, your Journals are still there. It looks like the Screen Name Service folks are having some problems today -- SNS handles authentication for a lot of products, including Journals.

As a possible workaround, if you're using the AOL software, try using a standalone Web browser (like Internet Explorer, Netscape or Firefox). I am not sure if this will actually make a difference, but sometimes the key to solving a problem is adjusting some of the variables.

Thanks -- Joe

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Forbidden"?? on a St Valentine day??? :D :D
Funny!!! ah ah ah
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up Joe.  

Now, could you please pass out a memo stating that Stephanie BamBam is no longer allowed to sleep with silverware?  Her voodoo magic has crippled half the country.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/
 

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day to you Joe. I am going to do the enni menni mini moe and be brave, biting into each chocolate, ready to chug the H2O when I get one of those nasty cherry ones,lol. I much prefer the little chocolate diagram pointing the way but thats because I lack adventure. ~Raven

Anonymous said...

Hey Raven.  Ages ago, my grandmother was an apprentice confectioner-chocolatier, and she used to be able to look at a box of mixed chocolates and tell which one was which by looking at the little design on the top.  Apparently, they once had a standard to identify them.

If I had the time, I'd look into it.  But, sadly, I don't.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Chocolate box maps and legends just seem like cheating to me. -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I tried Firefox & got the same FORBIDDEN errors, so I don't think it was the AOL browser.
Just so you know...; )
Marie

Anonymous said...

Been getting those "Forbidden" messages all day, thought it was my computer!  Glad it's not.  Thanks again Joe for all you do.  :)

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
L

Anonymous said...

It may be cheating, but when you pick up a half-eaten chocolate that some leper took a bite out of, you'll be thanking me.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Got such an error on AOL Pictures, but it went away :-)
Happy Valentine's Day, Joe.