Wednesday, June 28, 2006

That Strange Thing in the Sky That Hurts My Eyes

Hi folks -- I saw something of a mystery coming in this morning -- it was some strange sort of bright, fiery ball in the sky. I took a picture of it:

Bright, Fiery Ball

Upon later investigation, I determined it was the "Sun," though don't be alarmed -- there's a good chance it will go back into hiding tomorrow.

FYI, looking directly at the sun, especially through the viewfinder of a camera, is not recommended.

Also FYI, this photo is coming to you courtesy of an AOL Pictures Permalink -- check out my step-by-step instructions on How to Add AOL Pictures to your Journal using Permalinks. (Although I do admit to tweaking the HTML a bit to center the image and add an ALT Tag, which is the alternate text that shows up when you rollover with your mouse -- it's meant as a placeholder while the image loads and is also read by screenreaders used by the visually impaired.)

Thanks -- Joe
Tags: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can top that!  My sun pictures from Tuesday have a halo (icebow) around that bright thing in the middle! - Karen
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2006/06/not-sundog-but-icebow-also-called-halo.html

Anonymous said...

h