Thursday, June 15, 2006

About the Latest Weekend Assignment

I just published the Journals Main Page promo for blogger John's latest Weekend Assignment #116: Things We Share With Dad. (Just in time for Father's Day, of course.)

Can I just say that one of the reasons I like working with John is that he gives me such good material to play with?

Journals Main Screen Promo Featuring John Scalzi's Photo

He provided the photo -- I just wrote the headline and copy.

Please note that this is funny only because we know (well, we're pretty sure), that blogdaughter Athena is not actually a patricidal maniac.

Also, she's still a little too... little to smother blogger John with a pillow.

(Unless he was drugged first, of course.)

Thanks -- Joe

Tag: , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

but then  who'd be our great  blogfather???

Anonymous said...

It is in all good fun.  I had a Dad just like him and I ended up with warped sense of humor, JUST LIKE DAD.

Betty

Anonymous said...

Actually, I know for a fact John has one of those pillow cases with a picture of Pamela Anderson on it and Athena caught him making out with it.

Anonymous said...

This guy sounds exactly like "my" dad and he's still alive! LOL He's also the greatest dad in the world. (Speaking about "my" dad of course but I'm sure John is too).
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I did that for real to my friend once for like 20 seconds, but she had just spilled cocoa on me.

Anonymous said...

I guess my comment have nothing to do with the topic. Anyways i want to ask something. How many people out there been through what im going throuhg now?
I was doing so good a couple of months ago. I was only 19 and i had a apartment, my own bank account, car and a very nice job. Well i lost my job just a couple of week ago. Little by little i started to loose everything i have ever work for; my car, my apartment and i have very little money left in my account. Now im back at home and life pretty much suck. i have been looking for a job but i havent be able to find nothing. So if some of you out there been through this before, please give me some feedback of how to overcome all this.