Tuesday, June 27, 2006

6/27: Journals Issues Due to Rostering Problem

Hi all -- here's some new information regarding our Journals problems this morning:

It looks like we have a rostering problem that's affecting a bunch of systems, including AOL Journals.



Rostering is the process that says when someone can or can't do
something (like, some folks can read your private Journal, and everyone
else can't).


At first, I didn't realize the extent of the problem -- as I've mentioned, I primarily use the external, standalone Firefox browser for my Web browsing, and I was able to use it to view and edit my own Journal (this doesn't seem to work for everyone).

However, when I tried to view other people's Journals, I experienced the same problems as everyone else.

Hitting refresh multiple times until you see the page you want kind of works, though I wouldn't call that a workaround.

I will continue to post updates as we get them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, this is a downright nuisance. Helen

Anonymous said...

When will they stop tinkering--fixing things that aren't broken--and messing things up?  Gets mighty tiresome.

Anonymous said...

Hi -- interconnected systems are tricky, and the tech guys don't go whacking away at things under the hood for no reason. A problem that you don't see is still a problem that needs to be fixed, and unfortunately these things happen from time to time.

The good news is, the Rostering problem has been fixed, so you should be able to view Journals normally now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

I have been able to access my own journals all morning but can't access others. I am still getting alerts too so I'm assuming everyone can get to their own as usual.
Martha