Friday, June 23, 2006

Stormy Weather Ahead (Plus, Sidebar Material)

Gee, this looks like it's going to be fun:

AOL News Weather Forecast for Sterling, VA
7-Day Weather Forecast for Sterling, VA

Keep in mind that weather forecasts are generally worthless outside of three days (except if you live someplace with really consistent weather); people just like seeing all seven days.

Still no word on the Moblogging Beta, which is definitely hosed right now.

I will get this week's Guest Editor's picks up later today, so stay tuned.

Also, a reminder -- check out the links in my right sidebar for "How To" instructions and tutorials on some of the more common issues and problems that Journalers run in to.

For example, I've gotten e-mails this week from a few different Journalers who've run into problems where something in one of their entries ended up making their Journal really wide -- I have an entry dedicated specifically to that in my sidebar: How To: Find What's Making Your Blog Too Wide.

If you think of a topic that might make good material for a helpful sidebar entry, please let me know.

Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe...any idea what's been going on with file manager lately?  Yesterday, many of my pics turned to red x's in my journal!  Wah!
Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/1235

Anonymous said...

Well We're BOOMIN' in SC right now...so you should be seeing some of it soon enough. So glad I decided to bathe and groom the Gerbies today.  Nothing like the smell of wet dog added to the scent of an early summer storm.  ewwww


Later Tater,

ANdi

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We got 5" of rain today. Even Noah buys on a hill in New England.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure where to put this, so if its out-of-place, please forgive...
IS THERE A WAY TO FORWARD E-MAILS DIRECTLY TO YOUR JOURNAL AS AN ENTRY? I have an account w/ Yahoo mail and have tried all sorts of address combinations to forward mail to my journal as an entry...with no luck at all.  Help. I have some really important stuff in my mail account that i wish to post as entries in my journal...What do I do?

Anonymous said...

Hi -- sorry for the delay in responding. The moblogging beta uses e-mail to post new entries to your Journal, so it may be close to what you're looking for. I suggest you create and play around with a test Journal to see if it's what you're looking for.

Here are my instructions on the moblogging beta: http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/1523

Thanks - Joe (posted & mailed)