Friday, June 16, 2006

'Pearls' on Bloggers and Comments

Check out today's Pearls Before Swine comic (excerpted below), which features another blogging theme:

Pearls Before Swine Excerpt

I won't spoil the punch line for you, but as our friend Homer Simpson says, "it's funny because it's true!"

This reminds me of an e-mail conversation I had last month with my cow-orker Kenny Hill of the Worth Repeating blog, which covers Gay & Lesbian themes (as well as American Idol, in season).

Kenny whin...er, wrote: "My Idol comments are down this week. Is insecurity a standing side-effect of blogging?"

Here was my response:

"Choose the answer you prefer most:

1. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing.
2. Correlation is not causation.
3. You get used to it once you embrace your irrelevance.
4. All of the above."

Thanks -- Joe
Tags: , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you click delete ?.....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jan, not following -- click delete where? -- Joe

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

this is one reason i took my counter down.  way back they were messing up all the time, and everyone was so upset.  i decided not to know how many people were coming by and not leaving comments.

as for counting comments.  as long as I get at least 1 per entry I am happy.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

If it weren't for Lurkynat and like 3 others, you'd think my comments were blocked or something.

Anonymous said...

I like to think that once I have spoken on a topic, there is nothing left to say on the matter... and everyone recognizes this fact as they finish the article.

It's a lot of like being a guy who follows someone named Hoss on a girlfrind's resume... you can end up looking pretty weak when compared side-byside.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

om is the place to go get your  favert  body force and all those dite pills to luse the waight thanks to all who have join the team

Anonymous said...

Gosh Joe, we're all so busy trying to learn this HTML stuff and working all of AOL's new blog features, we don't have time to leave comments ;) Teresa