Tuesday, June 27, 2006

6/27 Journals Status: A Bad News, Good News Sort of Thing

Morning all -- another wet one today, though I doubt that was the cause of any trouble with Journals you may have been experiencing this morning, around 7 or 8 AM ET. Journals was apparently down -- I am waiting to hear from the tech guys and will let you know when I do.

We're back up now (as you can see), though I see that we are still having a problem with Private Journals -- private Journalers are currently unable to Add or Manage Readers to their Private Journals, getting the blue error screen.

[Update, 11:01AM -- It looks like AOL in-client users and some others are still experiencing problems trying to access Journals main pages. It looks like a rostering problem. The tech team is working on it.

In the meantime, I am able to update my Journal and view other Journals using a standalone browser (I use Firefox, but I also tried the external Microsoft Internet Explorer browser -- here's how you use a standalone Web browser as a workaround) -- Joe]

I've notified the tech folks and will let you know when I hear back.

That's the Bad News. The Good News is that the Moblogging Beta, which I was originally going to blog about on Friday, is now fixed.

In proof that some significant chunk of the universe is against me, the part of the AOL Pictures/AOL Journals integration that makes Moblogging (Mobile Blogging, the ability to update your blog with text & pictures, via your cell phone & e-mail), broke on Friday.

That problem was now fixed, so the Moblogging Beta should now work. I will show you how as soon as we get these other problems squared away.

Please let me know if you are experiencing other problems with your Journal.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I can only get to this by clicking on the entry title, but when I try to open your whole journal, I get the blue screen. :(

Are alerts, screwy too???

~Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle -- I don't think it's a problem with Alerts -- I think it's part of the Journals problem. I will post updates as I get them.   Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

I'm getting your journal, but cannot access ANY others...including public journals.

: (

Nancy

Anonymous said...

It's still really glitchy and inconsistent with all sorts of infrequent blue-screens when I try to visit something.  It actually took me a bunch of reloads to get to here.

Anyway, perhaps you should post something on the message boards since, you know, getting to the journals is kind of "iffy" at best.  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

I'll be posting to the boards in a sec -- I updated the main entry above and will probably post a new one -- looks like a rostering problem, a bunch of people are working on it. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I work through a stand-alone browser, Joe, but still having problems. It's improved slightly, but by no means resolved. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Joe, it is not JUST private journals. In fact it is almost impossible to leave a comment. When I tried that on other journals, as soon as I hit "save", the journal "poofed" and got the old blue message on top.So if this comment "sticks" then something is moving along to fix the problem.

Jo

Anonymous said...

Jo -- Yes, I updated the entry and posted a new one when I realized the problem was more widespread. Check the Journals message board for more updates:
http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?boardId=534372
Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)