Thursday, June 29, 2006

6/29 Journals Status (R7 Beta Rolled Back)

Hi folks -- here's where we are right now:

* Blue Screen Error Messages: Things seem to have stabilized, though there are still problems coming up around 1% of the time (which is still a lot). The Journals team is still working on the problem.

* R7 Beta Rolled Back: The R7 Beta (which I blogged about here) was rolled back early this morning (which means it hasn't been the cause of any of our trouble since this morning). [Update: 6/29, 6:03pm: Correction -- I was just informed that the Journals R7 Beta was not rolled back this morning; there were other changes made, but R7 is still intact, so you can play with embedded video. Apologies for the misinformation. -- Joe]

The beta rollback means that you can't play with embedding video in your beta Journals any more, though video that you already did embed will still play (just don't edit those entries or you will lose the video.)

I will let you know when we get dates for R7 to be installed back into beta, as well as the production target launch date, when I get that info.

In the meantime, you can still play with the Tagging Beta and the Moblogging Beta -- both had been installed in R6.

I will get my entry about the Moblogging Beta up later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks -- Joe


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every alert that I have gotten today for your journal has sent me to the blue journals error screen. I can still get to mine and do entries. This is the first time I have been able to read your entries today.... Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe ,this is now the third day we have been subjected to these problems ,all most of us want to do ,is post our journal and read those of our friends ,and comment .I want you to note my disappointment ,what started out as a nice hobby is turning into a game of frustration ....Jan

Anonymous said...

And I thought I forgot to pay my AOL bill ;0

Anonymous said...

The journals have been really slow in pulling up today also. When I leave a comment it takes forever to save. Helen

Anonymous said...

Ya big tease!


DANG.


;0
andi

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Can't say that this week's performance from AOL has left me impressed. I admire the intended improvements, but I think you (as AOL, nothing personal) want to concentrate on getting the service back on track. My email is not working properly, AOL Hometown is inaccessible, I can't add pictures to the journal and it's a complete nightmare.