Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Update on AOL Canada Journals

Hi folks -- just an update -- AOL Canada Journals are still down. It is not a prelude to invasion. It looks like something broke during the transition to R5. 

The tech folks are continuing to investigate; the problem can currently be duplicated in one of the three different levels of test environments, though the other two are okay -- it's kind of odd.

The problem doesn't appear to be affecting any of the other International journals. As always, please let me or Product Manager Susan know if you are having a Journals problem. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idony know if its any way related I've had 15 comments  on my journal entry today and no alert for them,Ihave to keep going back to the journal to check ,no problem really nice surprise when I find more ,...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Some more info to throw at them. I was able to add an entry using the AOL Journals IM bot, and received confirmation from a reader that an Alert was sent out. As well, the full text of the entry came through in my bloglines.com subscription.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan and Paul -- I forwarded both of your comments to the tech folks -- will keep you updated when we get more info. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

thanks for just taking up 15 minutes of my life - for what i don't know i don't even have a blog or nuthin. aw shucks.

Anonymous said...

Hi -- well, we're here if you decide to start one up. I encourage you to give it a shot.

Of course, I would be expected to do that.

Then again, it is free, and you can always delete it if you change your mind.

Best -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

OMG! What? You mean all two of them?


ROTFLMAO