Monday, April 17, 2006

Error Messages Leaving Comments? Clear Your Cookies

Okay, now this really is going to be my last entry of the evening.

A few folks have mentioned that they've been getting server error messages when they try to post comments in people's Journals.

We haven't gotten any official word of widespread problems on either the Journals or authentication sides, but I believe there was some flakiness earlier today -- I just talked to the Journals tech folks -- if you're having problems trying to post comments, try clearing your browser's cookies.

AOL users can do this by clearing their "footprint" (which clears your cookies and more).


Here are some instructions on how to do that: 
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/865


Just make sure you're also clearing your "cookies" when you do the
above.

If you clear your cookies and you still can't leave comments, please let me know and I will alert the tech folks to investigate further.

[Update: Also please leave me a comment or send me a mail if you aren't seeing your blue Journals owner buttons (add post, edit Journal, etc), when you should. Thanks.]

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe! I'll pass this info along. :-)

~ Susan

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I had the problem and all I did was reboot. Worked.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Still didn't work. I tried leaving the comment on the beta version and it was fine.

Anonymous said...

let me try it. thanks

Anonymous said...

Just like the flu.... toss those cookies, and things will seem better after.