Monday, April 17, 2006

All About Your "All About Me"

Okay folks -- one last post for me tonight, I think -- as we mentioned, one of the things we got with the R5 release was an increase in the All About Me area from 1,000 to 25,000 characters, which I know you guys were excited about (to put it in perspective, 25,000 characters is the same limit as your individual Journal entries).

I haven't yet modified my own All About Me area to take advantage of the additional space, though I may add onto it and use it to link to my tutorial entries and other useful links that I want to keep visible on the main page. (They're currently in the right sidebar, but it would probably be easier to maintain in a single field, especially one I could copy, modify and paste in an HTML editor.)

In the meantime, I'm curious to see what you folks have done... if you've beefed up your All About Me area, please let me and everybody else know by telling us a little bit about what you did, and leaving a comment with a link back to your Journal so we can see.

Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've added online/offline indicators for my AIM and YIM messengers, links to my web profiles, a spiffy new counter, an email link, some cute glittery graphics, etc. I love all the new space and will probably add more before it's all over! LOL

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

haven't gotten around to it yet. but i am very happy about this.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I've adding the albums I am currently listening to.  Lori's Top 12.  I have a few more things to add yet, but it's looking pretty good!  ;o)

Lori

Who I am ... underneath it all

http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe

Anonymous said...

You should use it to add some theme music.

Anonymous said...

I had heard rumors about this,but I didn't know it had happened. How wonderful. Perhaps I'll add some extra pictures.

Jess

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I added several things back into my all about me space that I had previously removed in order to have enough space for an external counter. Interesting that this change seems to be universal, while others are not.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
I have been having a field day with the new space ... although I'm still tinkering with what I'd overall like to put in that space, it reminds me much of the "Seinfeld" episode where "Kramer" went and painted over the lines on the road to make two lanes into one -- "it's like driving in luxury, Jerrry!"

Thus far I have two of the books I'm published in, as well as a link for Cancer Caps that our AOL Journaler, who sadly left us too early, Pamela Hilger, inspired me to create, in that space.  Thank the AOL Gods, er, programmers for us, ok?  Thanks!

Any news of them taking down the AOL Ad banner?  Let them know it not only annoys us (the writers) and our readers, but that it also looks hokey (cheesy) on thumbnail shots (http://crochet.toplisted.net/index_1380.html).  
Thanks,
~Dee
www.CrochetingWithDee.com

Anonymous said...

Well, I've added more graphics and a collection of blinkies to my About Me section that tells you al lot about me....boy that took a while...now I'm looking forward to new skins...even new colors to choose from....when will that come out?

http://journals.aol.com/bookncoffee/MySouthernHome/

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm missing. Blinkies!
;)
-Paul