Thursday, April 6, 2006

Thinking About Another Six-Pack

Hi folks -- I didn't blog yesterday, not for lack of topics, but for lack of time. Sorry 'bout that.

In other news, I am pondering whether to try a second edition of the Blog Six-Pack Picks, where I ask readers to:

1. Pick six blogs.
2. Write a blog entry in your blog, talking about and linking to your six blog picks.
3. Leave a comment in my Six-Pack entry, with a link back to your blog.

Last time around (the first time), it was completely open -- there didn't have to be any kind of theme to the picks, it was up to you. Also, I gave you a week to make your picks, and I highlighted your picks in two long entries (Part I | Part II)

I'm thinking about starting another round next week, but I wanted to get your input first. Specfically:

1. Are the Six-Pack Picks interesting, useful or fun? Is it worth doing again? (If your answer is no, you can probably skip the rest of the questions...)

2. The first go-around didn't have a theme. Should I try one with a particular theme for the six picks? Should the theme be optional? Do you have any ideas for themes?

3. Is a week enough time for you to pick six blogs and write a blog entry, or do you want more time? How much would be enough, 10 days? Two-weeks?

4. For highlighting your picks, the last time around, I did two batches of 10 Six-Packs. Is batches of 10 (or 60 blogs total) too much? Would it be better to highlight fewer picks per day, spread over the course of more days?

5. Any other comments about the Six-Pack Picks?

I would like to hear your suggestions, so please do leave a comment if you're interested in participating in another round.

Thanks -- Joe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked doing it the last time. It was fun for me. Um as a theme, well, I don't know, that might be hard. I thought the week was enough time, but i am a quick writer. Tawnya

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Everyone should have to do the assignment naked.

Anonymous said...

I think 60 blogs is too much at once.  It doesn't give us enough time to check them all out.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Here are my contributions, in the same order as you asked:

1. The six packs were interesting. I cannot testify to fun as I did not participate, however, my reason for this was simply a time factor (life was nuts). It is very much worth doing again.

2. I think a theme is a fine idea, however the idea should be applicable to blogs of varied background and style - the point is to broaden our community...

3. A week is plenty of time.

4. I sugest breaking them into smaller batches - it's easier for us to read new journals in smaller batches (at least for those of us that have way too many in our RSS readers!).

Regards,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

First of all... yes please, do it again.
Suggestions?  A theme is good in theory, but you may find that the same journals are being picked by the various participants since they are limited to the theme.  I noticed when reading the other bloggers sixpacks that most had picked a theme themselves and I found the diversity quite fulfilling.  Perhaps once everyone has submitted their picks, you could feature maybe a sixpack of  sixpacks, and then list all of the other participating links at the end for folks to explore at their leisure.