Thursday, April 27, 2006

Exposed: Underground Pretty, Pretty Princess Ring at AOL

So, I was able to track down some of those elusive kids running around the offices today.

Here's cow-orker Joanne (she of the Specialty Traveler and The Awwwww Factor blogs) -- apparently, she is running some sort of Pretty, Pretty Princess sweatshop. Or focus group. It could go either way:

Editor Joanne and kids

I showed them a draft, and I was instructed (er, requested) to include a picture of the dolls:

Doll lineup
From left to right, we have Erica, Annalise, Rapunzel, and Odette. I had to ask for help on the names.

Also, did you know that nowadays, they use velcro (sorry, hook-and-loop fasteners) on the outfits, instead of snaps? I did not.

Thanks -- Joe

Tags: , ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being the mom of two little girls under the age of seven, yes I did know about the velcro thing. :-)

~ Susan
http://journals.aol.com/njmom72/TheStrawberryPatch

Anonymous said...

I have two little girls, ages 5 and 3 and these princesses are ALL OVER the place!!!

;o)

Lori

Anonymous said...

If you knew about the velco on dolls clothing I would have been VERY worried about you!!!  Now John over at By The Way probably knows because he has a little girl.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

the man who created velcro should be honored  with some kind of award or official holiday!! WONDERFUL PRODUCT!
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Velcro makes it easier for G.I. Joe to put her in the buck. Seconds are days when you have the Kung-Fu grip.

I don't have my glasses on, but does Rapunzel have the shortest hair of the bunch?

Anonymous said...

Hey they all have clothes on? HA! My niece has the biggest orgy of Barbies & I think one Ken...when his head stays on! HA! Not a one has clothes on usually! HA!

Now wouldn't guys just love that if women had velcro clothes, bras etc. HA!

Anonymous said...

What the.... huh?  I'm dumbfounded by this conversation.  So this is blogging?

Anonymous said...

Re: This is blogging? -- Well, it's part of it, anyway. The beauty of blogging is that it's just conversations, so you can be talking about Pretty, Pretty Princesses or the war in Iraq or what your kids did or the crappy day you had at work -- it's whatever you want to talk about. Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

i havent had barbies in years, so i guess i didnt kno, but i really dont care

Anonymous said...

Those are some intense names, my "dolls" were always Sarah's or Ashley's. HaHa! :-D

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin