Friday, April 21, 2006

New Guest Editor's Picks for 4/21

Evening, folks -- as posted to the Journals Message Board and Journals Main Page: Our Guest Editor this week is Donna, a Texan mom who's featuring mostly medically-minded bloggers (and one waiter):

Guest Editor Donna

Stop by her blog, Sweeping the Cobwebs of My Mind, and check out her top six blog picks:

* My First Year as a Nurse
* Waiter Rant [Strong Language]
* THOUGHTS From the HEADoc
* Life as a Paramedic
* Hestia Homeschool for Young Wild Women
* Kevin, M.D.

Donna's got a few other folks she's planning on shouting out to, so check her blog for updates.

Don't forget, if you want your own chance at being a Guest Editor, send me an e-mail at JournalsEditor@aol.com. Please don't forget to include a link to your blog. 

Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe, you're hurting my feelings.  I got an email from a fellow J land friend who picked my journal for a guest editors pick, you told this person no because I was guest editor in Nov.  Thats all fine and well, but I have noticed that guest editors a month ago are guest editors picks now.  What did I do wrong?

Terra

Anonymous said...

Hi Terra -- sorry if I hurt your feelings. Working with the Guest Editors on their picks is not an exact science -- I try to balance what the Guest Editor chooses (because it's about the Guest Editor's picks, not mine), with what's been run previously.

Also, in addition to their Top 6 picks (which I focus on, since that's what I publish to the AOL Journals main page), Guest Editors are free to highlight as many other blog picks as they like.

There is also a mushy-middle ground of picks that occurs if the Guest Editor picks more than six blogs -- since I only have room for six, I have to arbitrarily pick six to put on the main page, though it's still in the Guest Editor's blog entry. This is kind of what happened here.

Thanks,

Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

I should be mentioned every 3 weeks or so, just cuz I'm so damned cute.