Friday, November 18, 2005

Update: Status of Saving Entries?

Hi
all,

the tech folks implemented two fixes, both of which they think were

affecting the ability to save
entries.


The first fix involved
authentication

from inside the AOL-client. It caused the blue owner buttons to not

show up when you went to your Journal using the AOL
software.

It

was fixed for most U.S. users on Tuesday. However, International

(non-U.S.) users continued to have problems; after a config change
that

just went live, they think that authentication should work for all

clients now. (If any U.K. or other Journalers can check in and let me

know if this is the case, it would be
helpful.)

Next, the tech folks have just informed me
that the Spider Ops group (now
that's a name) has finished clearing a bunch of
objects from the server cache,

which they think was causing our second problem, which was that owners

would see the blue buttons, but they would be unable to save new or

changed entries.

Previously, we had asked people to
clear your

browser cache, clear your footprints (this is your TopSpeed footprint,

which is another form of cache), and if that didn't work, to delete

your cookies and rebuild your AOL Adapter.

If the
tech folks are correct, the cookies and the adapter probably wouldn't
help anything, though they won't hurt, either.

If
you were having problems saving entries, can you
please:

1.  Clear
your browser cache again.
(I know I've said this many times
over the past few days.)

2. Use the AOL
System Information 2.0
utility to clear
your footprint.




[Update: You will need to have AOL System Info 2.0,
pictured

below -- if you have AOL System Info 1.0...I'm trying to track down
the

procedure for that. In the meantime, try turning off your AOL TopSpeed

cache -- see instructions farther down, below the graphic]



To do this, open the AOL System Info utility, either by
clicking

the AOL icon in your system tray or click Start > Programs
> AOL

> AOL System Information. When you're there, click "Utilities",
then

in the "Browser" section, next to "Clear All Footprints", click
Clear.

AOL System Info Utility


3.
You may need to restart AOL or reboot your
computer.

Instructions for Temporarily
Turning Off Your TopSpeed
Cache:

1. Go to AOL Keyword:
Browser
Settings

2.
Uncheck the box next to "Optimize Web browsing using
TopSpeed technology:

TopSpeed



Please let me know if you can save entries now, or if you are
still having problems.  Thanks -- Joe

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine works again! Thanks!!! ~Brandie
Oh, can you tell me why all of a sudden my pictures on my side bar are screwy every time I load up my journal? It started when the ads were placed and I am wondering if the ads are making my ftp space or my picture come out shades of green and chopped to pieces? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Joe, took your advice (thank you) and did all of the suggested before activities.  Then went to my journal, composed a brief entry and voila!  NOTHING.  No save again.  And while we're at it, the day before yesterday the spell check worked.  Yesterday it did not.  I don't know about today.  I am going back to MIE to post today, but then, I think that's it.  I've been patient enough.

Thanks for you help and suggestions.
No more live tech for me either.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Is anything going to be done about these ADs or not?  Is this something that is being currently mulled over or are they just waiting for the renegades to clear out?  We really would appreciate having an answer.

Anonymous said...

Still no answer...just the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" schpiel. The powers that be must be on vacation.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Correction: Copyright Logo*

Anonymous said...

http://blogs.businessweek.com/the_thread/blogspotting/archives/2005/11/bloggers_messag.html

Anonymous said...

interesting article Joe....
http://blogs.businessweek.com/the_thread/blogspotting/archives/2005/11/bloggers_messag.html

judi

Anonymous said...

http://blogs.businessweek.com/the_thread/blogspotting/archives/2005/11/bloggers_messag.html

Anonymous said...

LOL Well I don't have to post that link it appears several already have.  Makes ya proud to be all over the place doesn't it?  You know what they say about 'bad' publicity.  But it doesn't seem to matter, apparently the brass can't read.

Anonymous said...

“AOL has always been at the forefront of creating, expanding and celebrating flourishing communities online, where our members’ voice is elevated to new levels of expression, creativity, and self-publishing,” said Jim Bankoff, Executive Vice President of Programming & Products at AOL."

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/panzerjohn/abstractioneer/#Entry1211

Anonymous said...


STOP JOURNAL ADVERTISING!  
http://groups.aol.com/stopjournalads

Anonymous said...

I just went to the AOL System Information, I clicked on Utilities, but there was no option to "Clear All Footprints"

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I updated the entry with a screen shot (posted and mailed) -- Joe

Anonymous said...

IT WORKED IT WORKED!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  :-)

Anonymous said...

All that self-licking ice cream cone tripe about "eating our own dog food" in AOL webmail... and nothing in the Journals, Joe?

What gives?  


LOSE THE ADS.

Anonymous said...

just looking to see who the machine thinks I am...I signed in as Lunathinks to work on a new journal and it seems to think I am Lunaundone...which I am...but not right now...
Luna

Anonymous said...

Joe, this worked! Thanks for taking the time to post; I was driven mad by my send button for days! Happy Thanksgiving ;-) Sassy

http://jouranals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE