Friday, November 11, 2005

New Face Wall Is Up

Hi folks -- the new Face Wall, or Gallery of Bloggers, is now up on the AOL Blogs main page, which means we have 16 more smilin' faces for you:

AOL Blogs Face Wall

We
have noted a little publishing quirk, though; people keep seeing the
previous version. It may be a caching problem or a publishing glitch.



If you're seeing the old lineup, try hitting refresh (you may need to do this a few times).



If you're not seeing the Face Wall at all, or are seeing placeholder
silhouette images, you're probably on dialup. The flash files aren't
that big, but for some reason, it's not playing nice with some dialup
folks.



As noted before, we're still trying to make it a little more dialup-friendly; I will keep you posted.



The gallery will update depending on the number of usable entries we get, but it will probably be weekly or bi-weekly.



Thanks -- Joe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for laughs, make an intern take the same picture... but with subtle changes in each one.... then put them in a row on that Face Wall so that, if you scan to the left real fast, they'd seem to be moving like a cartoon if you just stared at one spot.

IM me for details.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea. Wish AOL UK would take this blogging thing as seriously.


On a completely unrelated subject..... help!

A fellow blogger http://journals.aol.co.uk/shaz19743/THEMEANINGOFLIFEBUTICOULDBEWRONG/   is in great pains trying to add music to her journal. Far too technical for me, but I'm sure you're the guy to ask. How do you go about it?


Thanks.

Anonymous said...

:o(  I'm still seeing the old faces.  Not that those people are old, mind you.  And they're all very nice people.  Except that one, but that's a different story.  And I've refreshed so many times, even I feel the need to be stale.

Guess it's just me, eh.

What else is new.

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

Double comments, double grrrrr. Other than that I'm good!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear they are still working on letting us on dialup see the pictures!  I still can't see them and I'd like to..  but thanks for not giving up!