Monday, November 14, 2005

The Perils of Vanity Search

Morning folks...previously, I've mentioned ways for you to attract more readers, as well as a completely specious way to measure your blog's value (based on the number of blogs that link to you).

I've also mentioned some downsides of people seeing your blog.

Here's another possible outcome when people find your blog, courtesy of Friday's Candorville comic:

Friday's Candorville Comic


Also, while I'm on the topic of comics, check out this week's Aliens vs. Predator (which occasionally features some rough language and geek-only humor) which has a nice vignette based on spam subject lines.

And check out today's Pearls Before Swine, which isn't Web-related but made me laugh, anway.



Talk to you. -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMBO@ that comic.. and who cares what Google says anyway lol.

Anonymous said...

I'd bet that there's a "I Hate Monponsett" blog somewhere, just from the negative feedback I get.

Anonymous said...

My Blogs worth???  I participated in the Blog value, prior to finding my value must be worth zip, because now AOL is using a banner to advertise on my journal and all journals.  I am furious.  I have maintained AOL accounts since the time they were charging per minute.  I have maintained quietly a journal since August, of 2003.  I remember AOL stating they were decreasing the Ad space an AOL user was forced to deal with.  That is why we pay good money, each and every month.  I am very angry and feel my "privacy" has been invaded.  Where can we write to complain???  Just livid!
Comment from aynetal3 - 11/15/05 10:05 AM

Anonymous said...

harumph!
nat