Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday Blogplugs

Here are some more blogplugs, which are entries that you want to get in front of other people and have sent to me, or have labeled with the tag :

* Dee over at Crocheting With Dee blogplugs Margaret's My Hooks and Needles.

Actually, she was passing along a layout problem (I haven't yet figured out what's making her blog show up too wide -- I'm still working on it), but it counts as a blogplug.

* In lieu of giving Irene a Guest Editor shot (not sure when or if we'll be doing them again), here's her blog: My Thoughts.

* Journals Product Manager Stephanie reports that the winning theme of the AOL Blogs 2.0 code-name contest is: The Muppets

* Paul over at CarnivAOL announces that the results of the 35th edition of CarnivAOL are up on Guest CarnivAOL blogger Gina's No More Appetite for Destruction (I neglected to blogplug the call for submissions for this one, but you can always click the tag to see what people are plugging)

* Guido over at Norther Trip talks about his style and method of reading and commenting on other people's blogs.

[Personally, I don't see how people can keep up with over 100 Alerts (even when they're not having problems, which I hope have subsided by now); it would drive me nuts. Though my feedreader situation is a mess, too. Nothing's ever as easy as it should be.]

* Kris, over at Sour N Sweet has a request -- her roommate's friends were involved in a house fire in Charlottesville, Virginia over the weekend and lost everything they have (including another friend who perished in the fire); you can read the account in her blog, which includes a link to a paypal donation site (the Lewis Mountain Fire Relief fund) if you'd like to help show some kindness to some random strangers you read about on the Web.

* Finally, best get well wishes to Jeannette over in the UK, who had cancer surgery this week; daughter Becky is blogging in her stead.

Remember, if you have an entry of your own or someone else's that you want to blogplug, just send it to me or use the tag

Thanks -- Joe


Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Dee's journal, it's a problem with a URL in an entry that won't wrap. This entry:
http://journals.aol.com/mhdesigner1/MyHooksandNeedles/entries/2007/03/12/more-on-happily-hooked-on-crochet-meeting/370

Anonymous said...

Sepintx -- Yeah, that's what I suspected (my first guess had been a line of non-breaking spaces in another entry); I'd left a comment in her blog about it earlier, but hadn't looked at the direct link to the entry, where it's abundantly clear what the problem is. So thanks for confirming. -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I was just going to comment that I had found the problem at Margaret's journal, but I see Stephen beat me to it.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jo, I always like very much your comments.
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
I greatly appreciate your helping Margaret out! You're such a sweetie!!

She & I were discussing another problem which hopefully you can help us with:
With AOL 9.0 we are unable to add pictures to our emails or to our AOL Journals (using AOL Photos) without AOL crashing.  I thought I was alone with this problem until she just emailed me about it.  I wonder if other Journalers are experiencing the same issue?

Thanks!
~Dee
journals.aol.com/crochetwithdee/CrochetWithDee