Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday Blogplugs

Hi folks -- here are some more blogplugs, which are items that I want to highlight, things folks have sent me or, even best of all, entries you've labeled with the tag (it's best of all because other folks can find other tagged articles just by clicking the link):

* Strictly speaking, this ain't blog stuff, but because of the the recent tornados and severe weather events, don't forget about the Red Cross and Network for Good

* Paul wants you to play a little game (hrm, unintended pun fun) called Six Degrees of Blog Separation -- see how far you can get.

* Annie is the Guest Host Blogger for CarnivAOL #34 -- submit your best underappreciated blog entry by Sunday, March 4th (I submitted an item, just because it was such a hassle getting it cleared)

* Journals Product Manager Stephanie (Whose blog everyone should read. Not just AOL Journalers -- everyone in the entire world. It's that good. Why do I sound like blogger John?) announces a Blogs 2.0 code-name contest.

* Ukgal36 is happy that her blog was listed on the Most Commented Blogs section of the Blogs main page. The secret to her success?
"I think I get a lot of comments because I leave a lot of comments. It's that simple."
Simple, but effective.

* Lastly for now, the AOL Pictures Team talks about some new AOL Pictures features they just rolled out this week, including view counts, an upgraded uploaded (tag and caption photos, while you wait!), and more.

If you want to blogplug an entry of yours, or an entry of yours talking up someone else's entry, just send it to me or use the tag

Thanks -- Joe


Tags:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
I am not getting comment alerts on my journal again and I don't think I'm getting all my journal alerts either. Others are saying the same.
Thanks much and please help.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I thought that me indirectly blogplugging myself through someone else's journal deserved mention here, merely for the sheer shallowness of it.

I mean, Marilyn Manson had to remove his own lower rib to do that, yanno?

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine explaining to a doctor why you want him to remove your bottom rib?

You know, Joe, I thoought I'd invented that game...until I did a little Googling. I can find reference to it at least as far back as 2003. C'est la vie.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Have you heard reports of anyone else out there experiencing an inability to add pictures to their journal via the "add pictures" protocol? If so, is there a fix in the works anytime soon?

Anonymous said...

She didn't put "blogplugs" in her tags, apparently, but this is the craftiest-written blogplug post I've seen:
http://journals.aol.com/justaname4me2/InTheShadowOfTheIris/entries/2007/03/02/for-my-personal-entertainment-value/1782

p.s. -- you have to have your entries approved?   Sigh, I suppose so...
-- Robin

Anonymous said...

anything in the works so we can use AOL to add animated graphics to our journals?  I miss that ease....... I mean once file manager was fixed.
d

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Three days now and I still cannot add photos to my journal via the "add pictures" feature/function. I have tried online help .... no help. I emailed AOL pictures team ... no response. I have tried two separate computers at home and now, two computers at work. The problem is obviously on the AOL end. Any idea what is going on? Just looking for someone to take a moment and shed some light on this. Very frustrated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Anonymous said...

additionally now I have no "add pictures from hometown" button when I go to either ADD or EDIT an entry. Also, the create field is gray and not its usual blue. What is going on here??????????????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

Still can't add pictures ... no response from AOL whatsoever. Any chance someone could get back to me and let me know what is going on. This, really, strikes me as unacceptable :)

Anonymous said...

My pics have dissapered !!!! Some were quiet important!
Please put them back AOL! And then leave them alone!
Sugar