Tuesday, March 13, 2007

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

Hi folks -- here's an image I did that shows some of the people who blog for AOL (I call them "Editors" as a generic term, though it's not official):

Some of the AOL Bloggers

It's for a promotion tomorrow on the People Connection main page that will link to the Blogs main page -- all of their blogs can be found in the right sidebar of the page [Update: After reading what I wrote, it turns out that what was originally supposed to be a throwaway entry, is probably a better destination than just linking to the Blogs page, since I list the bloggers whose pictures you see. So that's what the promo will point to.]

That listing is just a partial listing -- as anyone who's done a directory or listing of any sort, maintaining one is kind of like herding cats. Even something like a wiki (where anyone can add or edit content) only mitigates the problem -- even if people can update their own listings, you usually need someone to crack the whip to make sure everyone does, and that their stuff is correct and up-to-date.

As to the who's who?

Top Row:

* Victoria, one of the bloggers at Animal Hubbub
* Angela of AIDS: 25 Years & Counting
* Ames (TixGirl) of TixGirl's Kickin' Concerts & Live Music for the Masses
* Joe, one of the AOL Community Info Bloggers
* Dan, environmentally-focused blogger of Down to Earth

Bottom Row:

* Kelly, the Common Sense Diva
* Kenny, lead blogger of QueerSighted
* Felicia, of More Than Words
* Me (like you don't already see enough of me)
* John, of Comics Alliance

(There looks like there's a third row that got cut off, but that's only partially true -- the bottom part of the image will have the text box partially obscuring it, anyway, so I just, um, excerpted the Better Body Bloggers).

As I said, this is only a partial list, and even the sidebar listing on the Blogs main page is a partial list. I haven't even included any of the product bloggers in this go-round, and there's lots and lots of other AOL & AIM bloggers that I want to highlight (you can see more blogs on the incomplete-in-a-different way AOL Editors Blogs listing).

I also need to talk more about the People Connection blogs and how they fit into the broader strategy, but that will have to go in another entry.

Mostly, I just wanted to make sure that the graphic I put together would have a life beyond the hours that it's on the PC main page tomorrow...

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, *I* like it, Joe.  I didn't even know there was an animal hubsomething, or the down to earth part......   which I'll check out, um, tomorrow.  lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...i love it!

nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty comfortable with Joe, John, and Jamie...eff all those other clowns.

Anonymous said...

A relevant entry... and imporant connections... it's nice to know who does what and where! Thanks for the collage entry of who's who. bea