Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Batter-Dipped, Cheese-Filled, Bacon-Wrapped Slushpile

First off, happy first day of spring. I'm hoping that means we won't see anything more like the slushpile photo from last week, which is just a leftover mound of snow on a rock garden in a weird little space between HQ and CC1 that I took a few weeks ago:

My Slushpile
Wider crop of the slushpile, which I'd actually posted first.

Here are some more items from my slushpile of stuff I haven't blogged about:

* Blogs turn 10--who's the father? -- Blogs will be about 10 years old soon, though the exact date will depend on your definition of what a blog is.

The article goes through some potential candidates (blogger John may be "the Blogfather," but he's not the father of blogs, even if he is older than dirt), as well as other milestones in blogging history (including some bloggy pre-blog behaviors).

* A Little Too Dangly for Me -- Today was the opening ceremony for the Grand Canyon Skywalk, which is a glass-bottomed walkway that juts 70-feet out over the Grand Canyon.

The canyon floor is a long way down -- about 4,000 feet. Yikes.

* Batter-Dipped, Cheese-Filled, Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs -- Enough said. [link via Fark]

Thanks -- Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look a Yeti left a giant snow turd!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, I can never understand measurements in feet, but the photos and videos show something amasing. My dream as a little girl who watched too many Westerns on TV with John Wayne wants to dearly go there and let myself dive in this big space in the way an eagle would do it.
Next year, I plan to go next year as I should fly to Vegas, so I will make a detour...
This is high and beautiful... I love it and hope it will bring some resource to the locals... I love those indians
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/