Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meet Some More AOL & AIM Product Bloggers

Hi folks -- here's another look at some of the AIM and AOL folks who blog in support of some of our products:


The last row is intentionally cut off, because of the layout of the promo space on People Connection.

This is a follow-on to an entry I posted last week with other AOL Editors; I didn't include any product bloggers that time, so I decided to make this one all-product.

There's a lot of AOL & AIM folks blogging out there in both official and non-official capacities, so one of the things we're working on is finding ways to make sure everyone's linking to each other, aware of what other people and groups are doing, and most importantly talking with each other and the people who actually use the products.

Here's who's who:

Top Row:

* Elisa, heads up the AIM Product Design Group blog. They're involved with User Interface and Visual Design for products. (She also says she doesn't like that picture, though I think it's fine.)
* Kevin, is the principal behind Ficlets, as well as a general evangelist for all things social media. (Photo by Kevin, from a go-cart outing.)
* Stephanie, the Product Manager for AOL Journals, blogs over at BamBam! (I'll have more notes on that photo for my next entry.)
* John is a Sr. Tech Manager involved in Journals; he also talks a lot about OpenID and other technologies in Abstractioneer (I even understand some of them. Sometimes.)
* Will, is one of the bloggers over at the AOL Pictures Blog. He also uses blogs internally to communicate to his team and interested parties.

Bottom Row:

* Mia blogs over at the Discover FullView, which is the official blog of AOL Search with FullView.
* Allie, at AOL Search With Fullview Hot Searches, is also a search blogger, but her blog focuses on hot search terms and trends.
* Micah blogs in support of Userplane On AOL (they do Web-based community tools -- I also have a note on his photo below)
* Erin is one of the bloggers over at the AIM Buddy Blog, which is one of those blogs that covers both programming and product (Community stuff has always been like that, and now you're seeing it everywhere)
* Ryan is a few cubes over blogging for the AOL Community Info Blog.

Okay, now when I asked for photos from people, UserPlane's Micah asked first if he could use this pic here:

He was going for a mascot kind of feel (you'll see the smiley-face guy all over the UserPlane site). I had to say no, for two reasons:
  1. We're going for transparency here, so no avatars or stuffed animals or the like -- just actual pictures of real bloggers.
  2. The photo is... well, it's kind of creepy. With that hoodie, it kind of looks like the Unabomber.
Thanks -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe? I have a problem with the following blog http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/un-deux-trois/
My text is not centred as usual when I edit it, something wrong on the right if you can visit brievely :D
I must say that I am absolutely helpless when it is to understand how to fix something with computers... good when I watch and see but when I have to read pages et make sense of it, usually I cannot follow... this said, could you enlight me on this matter? thanks

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Joe, I have an idea. I will erase it and create another one. It should correct the problem.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I took a look at your blog, and other that it being in some strange language (do I speak french? non), I don't see which of your text isn't centered (that you want centered) -- can you point me to a specific entry, or send me a screen shot?

Thanks -- Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe. I have just eraised it so it is not visible anymore. I'll try again tomorrow.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

wow - the userplane mascot photo is almost as creepy as "the running man" ;)