Friday, February 10, 2006

Speaking Message Boards: New RSS Feeds

While I've got Message Boards on the mind -- remember how I keep saying how RSS feeds have the potential to make everyone's lives easier by making it Really Simple to subscribe to the content you're interested in? And how I said that RSS feeds aren't just for blogs?

Some of my cow-orkers over at the Community Member Experience Team blog have posted about how you can now subscribe to your favorite Message Boards's RSS feeds.

This is cool, because that means you're not limited to using My Boards anymore; you can use any RSS feedreader you like to keep tabs on your message board conversations.

Keep in mind; when we say "any", we mean any -- it's easiest, of course, if you want to add a board's feed to the My AOL feedreader, though it's nearly as easy to add it to your feedreader or customized home page of choice.

Right now, the feed just displays the titles of the posts, and of course, if you want to reply to a post, you will need to clickthrough to the message board. But it's still neat, and I'm sure it will only get more neat.

The CoMET folks have some other RSS resources and information, so check out their blog -- it's a great new resource for getting info about the other AOL Community products.

Thanks -- Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
thanks. I jsut don't get the important of feeds and  /or message boards!
Do you have an analogy about what a pretend memeber could have gained from doing that?
hugs,natlaie