Friday, February 3, 2006

New Guest Editor's Picks for 2/3

Hi everybody. As posted to the Journals Message Board, our new Guest Editor's Picks are up on the Journals Main Page:

Guest Editor Shari-Ann

Meet Guest Editor Shari-Ann, who's blogged her way through a series of unfortunate events and is still going strong. Check out her blog, Blog of a Mad, Black Woman and see her top six blog picks:

* saysomething
* You Are Now Entering the D.I.V.A.hood!
* Me
* No More Drama, No More Lies
* Gaia's Essence
* Diary of a Young Black Mother

In her All About Me area, Shari-Ann describes herself as "moderately attractive, silly, and short" and also says that she "analyzes everything to death", so check out her blog and see what she has to say.

Also, don't forget that if you want to take a shot at being a Guest Editor, send me an e-mail at screen name JournalsEditor with a link to your blog.

Thanks -- Joe

Tag:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hit counter was near 33,000 and somehow it got reset to 000000 today,  Maybe AOL is trying to tell me that It's time to officially move over to blogger
with the other 180+ of my friends. J-Land has been much less fun without their voices here anyhow. With all zeros now at Rain, is it as if no one had ever even been there?

    I'm 00000000 sad :-(  

                                                  *** Coy ***


Anonymous said...

Hey
I just wanted to know what is it i need to do in order to report someone writing very bad things about me on their journal.
I clicked on notify aol 2 times already and they still havent resolved the problem.
can u please help.
thank you

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, Tried to send you an email but all I get is "try later, try later".  Please can you tell me when aol will get its act together.  Over here in the UK we are still either not getting alerts for our journals sent out and still getting those ones with the wireless device thing attached.  The problem is also that with the wireless device alerts, no journal name is given, there is only one line of text with not one clue as to who wrote it!!  Therefore you cannot visit the journal in question.  I have over 100 journals on alerts and simply cannot visit them all in the hope of finding the correct one.
Please remind the powers that be that we are paying for this service and paying dearly.  Aol is the most expensive.  I know if it were not for my journal and my friends, I would not stay with aol. simply because of the continual problems.
Are aol going to fix this problem with alerts and, if so, WHEN?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Coy,

Sorry about your hit counter -- please see my entry on how you can use the File Manager to manually change your counter:
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/622

Thanks,

Joe (posted & mailed)

Anonymous said...

What's up with email? If it's down, someone should have been paged.  The status and problem should have been put up on the Welcome Page.  No access to email is a big deal and AOL is not telling anyone what's wrong.  God forbid they should remove an AD temporarily and put up a service message that will benefit their customers.

If you know what's wrong with email and why AOL does not communicate to its customers I'm sure many more than I would love to hear the answers.

Thanks for your help,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb -- I'm not aware of any e-mail problems of late. Are you still having trouble?

Thanks,

Joe (posted & mailed)