Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Cold Pizza 3.0

So, apparently, Mister Irrelevant himself, Sports Blogger Live Jamie Mottram, is making a habit of appearing on ESPN2's Cold Pizza: [Update: Check out Jamie's blog entry about it.]

Jamie Onscreen

Note that I don't deliberately try to take pictures of the screen while Jamie is making goofy faces -- I blame that that bugbear of digital cameras, shutter lag.

Now, backing up a step; Jamie didn't have to go up to New York (where the show broadcasts from) -- I didn't know this, but there's a broadcast studio setup over here (it's next to the petting zoo and across from the rocket sleds):

Jamie in the TV Studio

It's really small. That's a shot through the glass of the booth -- the colors of the background make it an interesting photo.

Here's another, wider shot of the studio:

Another Studio Shot

I took a whole bunch of other pictures of the screen, but most of them came out pretty bad because I didn't steady the camera properly. Here's one of Jamie sharing screen time with co-host Dana Jacobson:

Jamie Split Screen

Can't you feel the chemistry there?

Anyway, a few AOL Journalers got onscreen mentions and screenshots, so congrats to Sportz Assassin and Seahawks Fans Notorious (you can see more links to the sites mentioned on-air).

Also, congrats to Jamie for yet another successful appearance (you can see my writeups of his previous forays here and here).

Thanks -- Joe

p.s. If you're wondering how I got those big, borderless photos into my blog, see my  step-by-step tutorial on how to add pictures to your blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jamie!
(Aside to Joe Jamie is a friend of Monponsett's...right?
natalie

Anonymous said...

He's like my protege. You should be alerted when that blog updates, trust me.

Anonymous said...

And as usual, I got no love.  :-(

It's tough being the only NASCAR fan in J-Land.

Anonymous said...

Dana was told to start wearing less clothes on the show, I cant wait!