Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Congratulations Are in Order

So, Mister Irrelevant himself, cow-orker and Sports Bloggers Live host Jamie Mottram just sent a triumphant note:
"AOL sports blogger -- www.quickslants.com -- and SBL regular Ty Hildenbrandt just won Fox Sports' "Next Great Sportswriter" contest and will now be an official contributor to FoxSports.com."
Check out Ty's FoxSports blog, and of course, his AOL Journal, Quick Slants.

This is quite possibly the biggest blog career move since that guy won that job last year blogging about the Dukes of Hazzard.

Thanks -- Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind adding that Ty refused my offer to do a little political assassination on his competition in the Finals.

Yes, kids... Ty won fair and square.

First contest ever where I was rooting for a Ty.

Anonymous said...

hi.. sorry to bring up a problem i am having with aol but if it's possible i would like some help, as i would like to continue to stay with aol (here 10 yrs already)..  
it seems aol is now hitting me with a "timer".. "do you want to stay on line" box which i have to click yes or no... if i am away and booted off the box to sign back on says i have been logged off due to inactivity...
My situation makes it so I have to leave my computer at a moments notice to care for a disabled brother.. i can't wait around and "save" and "name" etc so that i don't loose whatever it is i am doing...
I called aol twice: one tech had me reset aol.  all that did was make me loose my custom sounds.  the second tech told me "that is how ALL aol users will be now (meaning getting the timer pop up)... a third try to "live chat" led me to a tech that told me to put on the aol radio and that would make it not come on.. well that does work , but... i am on dialup and having the radio on constantly (though muted) must take up what little speed I have and even opening my journal now takes a full 3 minutes.. as does it take nearly as long to save a post.. this is due to the radio and dialup... my question is simple.. please tell me how i can rid this "timer"... any information will be welcome.. thanks.

Anonymous said...

cool!
congrats to him! thanks Joe!
hugs,nat